Some of the music I love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 28, 2009

Why do they always come at night....



So Monday the 14th of September, I went to my doctor's appt. as usual. According to him, my due date was Oct. 1st. So he checked me and I was 3cm and 50% effaced. He said that I was to make an appointment for the following Monday, but I probably wouldn't make it. He was right, all day after that, I was having contractios 10min apart. That night about at 1am, they went to 5 min apart, then 3 min apart and then I woke Kurt up and said, "Its time"

We called my mom and she came up as soon as she could. We packed light and headed to the hospital. We are only 5 minutes awaya so I was not worried I was leaving something important at home because Kurt could always go back and get it later.

We arrived at the hospital around 4 am (which coincidently is the same time we came to the hospital for Lizzy). They checked us in and I walked up to the Labor and Delivery (shouldve taken that wheelchair like they offered). They got me all set up and the nurse, after checking me all in, says "We might send you home since you are 37 1/2 weeks and only 3cm." I was like WHA!! HUH!! I am truly in active labor here. It was painful, it was consistent, it was real. She said I might just be dehydrated. I was about to cry!! This baby was coming tonight and they wanted to send me home. So she called my doc and he said "Im coming in to break her water" YAHOO!! 100 pts to my doctor!!

He got ther about 45min later and I was 5cm and 90% effaced. There was no stopping the baby now!! He broke my water and 30 mintes after that, I was 7cm. He said I better get the epidural.

So the epidural man came, bless them!! And I got the shot. Then everything slowed down....After the initial blood pressure drop, throwing up, and nearly passing out, I took a nap. about 1 hour later, they gave me some Pitocin, Kurt left to get breakfast. and we all know what happens when a hubby leaves...the baby comes.

So they were just about to page him over the hospital com and my doc was about to go down to the cafeteria to find him when...he showed back up. Nice one Kurt!!




So he was delivered in roughly in 10 minutes, born at 9:32am September 15th, 2009. No problems, no complications. He was perfect.

It was nice to get those two days at the hospital, but nothing compares to coming home and being a family.

11 comments:

Arien said...

He really is so adorable. We need to come over again to come see him. I hope you guys are doing well and we need to plan another play date.

Amylee said...

No kidding! You are either in labor all night, or they are born at 3 AM- there's no getting around it. It is like the initiation into the "lack of sleep". Oliver is so beautiful. I'm glad all went well. It looks like your kids just adore him!

Nate and Alyssa said...

He is so cute! I wish I could come hold him!!

Net said...

Congratulations! what a beautiful boy! you guys have some good gene-mixing going on.

bevany said...

Yay!! He's so cute. Carter and Lizzie look like they are so good with him. Congratulations! Let me know if you need any help. Lunch or dinner...we live close you know!

BeautyFul said...

SO SWEET!!!! Can't wait to meet him (as soon as we get over strep throat)! Love you guys! MWAH!

Barnes Squad said...

He is a doll. Love the pictures

Brian&Em said...

He is absolutely adorable!! Congrats on your beautiful family!

Rachelle Crowder said...

Hooray! for baby girl!!!! Congratulations. She is so beautiful. Carter and lizzy are so cute with her too. Soak up the moment! Hugs!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

CONGRATS Elder Beckstrom's cute familia!!!! Amen, it is ALWAYS at night!
Sister HUTCHINGS Sorensen

Andrea Wilson said...

So beautiful!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you guys and are sorry that we are just barely saying CONGRATS! Love you all!