Some of the music I love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Someday...it will all be worth it, right?

I have been so burnt out the last few days. Carter has been in one of his, only too common, moods. At church I was fighting back tears as he screamed at me during sacrament, and then again outside as I tried to get him to calm down. Its been so hard lately to even get him to listen. I love him so much, but I get sooooo frustrated with his antics. I have tried books, differnet styles of discipline and he does really well, then digreses. I know its partially because I work during the times he is home and maybe its attention, but I am literally physcially and emotionally exhausted.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can help my stubborn strong willed son from making me crazy. There are so many times I loose my temper lately that its hurting my will and I need some advice.

All I hear is he will grow out of this and all I can say is...maybe I need to grow out of this.

3 comments:

Steph said...

That is funny that I read this at this very moment...my Noah...bless his little stubborn heart, is in his room screaming for daddy and I am trying not to scream my head off. I know exactly how you feel and if you get any good advise, please pass it my way because I don't know what to do some days...and he is only 3 1/2! Love you Becks...good luck!

Melissa said...

Oh man....you don't have to tell me! Some days Jesse is the sweetest little angel and then other times I can't get him to do anything! It is so frustrating! And Owen has already proven that he is going to be worse! I really don't know what to do other than remove myself from the situation and take a breather! Good luck to you and let me know if you find anything that works!

The Crockett's said...

Keep at it! You are such a great mom! It's a wonder to me at times how we make it through the day without harm. You are awesome and if you ever need to "clock out" for a moment give me a call.