Some of the music I love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I remember...




Today is 9/11. I dont have to explain what that means to this country or that we all know what happened that day. I just wanted to share some of my memories.

I remember that day I was late for work. Kurt didnt have to be in to work til later that day so I slept in a little. As I was driving to work the radio was talking about this terrible crash that happened in New York. I was so overcome with sadness for this, what I thought was, a terrible accident. While listneing to this, they started to explain a second crash, and how this is not an accident. I was stunned. Numb. When I got to work, I immediately turned on the radio and looked up any and all info I could find online. I called Kurt and told him to turn on the TV and tell me what in the world was going on. Thats when he told me about people jumping out of windows and then the buildings collapsed. It was hard to even know how to react that day. Overwhelming saddness is all I can remember. Even talking about it now is making me tear up. It was the worst thing I had ever experienced in my life like this. I went home for lunch and watched the endless footage they were showing on the TV. I was numb, shocked, and so sad. Along with the stories of the heroric airplane crew that stopped something even worse happening and the one that crashed into the pentagon, I felt like it would never end!


To think that people would do something like this never really hit me until that day. You hear the news, you see the pictures, but it never really hit me what kind of world we live in. And then...I remember the unity. Out of all of this, all this awful awfulness came a feeling in this country that I have never felt this strong before. Pride, Patriotism, Unity. I was so proud to be an American in those few short months after this awful moment. I am still emotional. And I living all the way in Utah with no family or relation that was directly involved in this. I felt it. I feel it now.

There is always a reason for things, good or bad. I truly beleive that. And I know that through this a greater plan will come. I love my father in heaven and my savior and this only made me beleive and trust in him more.

Sorry for the ranting on. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

I will never forget. No one ever should. God Bless America.

4 comments:

bevany said...

I'll never forget either. My husband served his mission in Manhattan so that was a sad day for him. We've been back twice since and it was crazy to visit the site and see the destruction. Good post...but I do have to say don't even get me started on you Utah fans. And sorry Kurt, but Brett Favre?

TravandNat said...

Becky,

I frequent your blog often. I love to see your cute kiddos! Thanks for the awesome reminder of the tragedy, and the unity that this day in history brought to all of us! I will never forget!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Amen.

M2QC said...

Amen, sister!