Some of the music I love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One of those weeks...

Aside from me being endlessly sick and Carter having seperation anxiety at school, Kurt's car was hit by a 2x4 that came flying off a truck on the freeway. It damaged his axel and eventually blew the tire, his poor windsheld got a rock chip and this impact with the 2x4 cracked the window! Then this morning his battery in his motorcycle was dead because he left the lights on. He had to jump start it 4 times because he kept killing it.

I like to think that all these incidences are somehow teaching me something. And somehow, in someway protecting us. Who knows what could have happened to Kurt today if he got off to work on time? All I know is something didn't want him to go, not yet, and there were no mishaps on the way to work for him.

Its interesting the little things that are done to protect us that may seem like inconveniences at the time or frustrations.

Hang in there, my love. The week is almost over!

4 comments:

The Crockett's said...

I wondered. I saw him trying to get it started this morning. Wish we could of helped. Nothing like having a day start like that.

M2QC said...

Good perspective! I hope things look up for you guys from here on out. If you find anything that works for Carter's anxiety, let me know, so I can try it with Haley!

bevany said...

It's nice to hear my child isn't the only one with anxiety issues at school. Sorry about Kurt's car...but way to look on the bright side of things. Lizzy looks so cute in the picture at joy school...and so grown up.

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Sorry about that 2x4. I will try to secure my load better next time.

Quinn

Oh, by the way, I always hear these commercials on the radio for rock chip repair where they try to scare you by saying that your windshield could crack after minor impact. I totally thought that was a crock, but now I see it's true. Maybe the lesson that needed to be learned was mine. Sorry you had to crack your windshield for me to learn it, though.