Some of the music I love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 7, 2008

Big week.

This week has been long and hard.

First of all, my grandpa Mac died. He was 90 years old. He was so sick, and longing to leave this life for so long. He missed my grandma so much. He had been without her for nearly 11 years. I got to say my goodbye's on Sunday. I got the call on Tuesday that he had passed. I will miss him so much and it is so hard to see him go, but I know..I KNOW..he is in a much better place, happy and safe. He is with grandma. Love you Grandpa.

Then Wednesday, we found out who our new president is. Barack Obama. I am excited and hopeful.

Then on Thursday, my little brother Brandon married the love of his life, Becky. They looked so amazing and it was even more special that I felt like my grandpa and grandma were both there to see it in the temple. The day was suprisingly gorgeous. A little chilly, but nothing too bad. I got to visit with my brother Bryan and his wife Siobhan and thier kids Ian and Cameron. They live in Montana so it was nice to have them down and they got to see Grandpa before he passed too. I also enjoyed seeing all my relatives at the reception. I love my family!!

That same day...Nov 6th. Was my 9th wedding anniversary. Alas, due to the wedding and other things which I will discuss, it slipped Kurts mind due to the "big game" :( But Thats okay. It was nice to be in the same temple we were married in 9 years ago. It was nice to remember that time and the reasons behind it all. To remember the vows we took and covenents we made. I love my husbnand.

That same night was the Ute game. Kurt took off from the reception early with Carter and went and had a blast at a game that i was envious to be able to go to. But my family was more important and I am glad I stayed. The Utes won. Now 10-0! BSC here we come....almost.

So that is my week so far. Busy busy. I will post photos of the wedding soon!

5 comments:

bevany said...

I hate to break it to you but Utah didn't WIN...TCU LOST. Big difference :) Almost is right about the BCS. The season isn't over yet.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa, but of course you're happy he's with your grandma. 11 years is a long time without your sweetheart. Also sorry that Kurt forgot your anniversary. Craziness!! Happy 9 years!

Kim said...

It was really good to see you at the reception...what a week for you and your family. Can you believe how the game ended? It would have been fun to be there! I know we say this every time we see each other, but lets hang out!

BeautyFul said...

Congratulations to Brandon & Becky. They are so cute together!

I'm so sorry about Grandpa. From what I've heard (and read) he sounded like a wonderful man. It will be a sweet reunion when you meet him again.

And as far as Kurt goes... "YOU BIG BUM"!!!! How dare you forget to mention or even do the slightest thing for your wife on your anniversary! You'd better be careful...Edward might come find her and take her away! Then what... all you'd have left to love is your football (which might be enough for you)! :) You used to be such a romantic! What happened to you? Hopefully you have a surprise waiting in the wings... Don't think that just because you surprised her with a trip to Hawaii last month (although that scored you major points) that you can get away with not even telling her how glad you are she is your wife on your anniversary! GEEZ!
(okay, the older-sister ranting is over now).

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Nate and Alyssa said...

Sorry about Grandpa Becks, How is your mom? If it makes you feel any better our anniversary this year was pretty lame too. But...At least Nate remembered!!!! Duh, Kurty

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I can't believe Kurt had to choose between his Utes and his wife. I can't believe he chose the Utes. Just kidding. I can.